Monday, February 7, 2011

Unforgettable Super Bowl!!!!

Well I bet you're all wondering if, how, and where I watched the Super Bowl last night........

I watched the game live at the U.S. Embassy in Dublin!!!! That's right, I was lucky enough to attend the U.S. Embassy's 2011 Super Bowl party, and it was awesome!!! (minus the ending score...)

Yesterday morning I hopped on a train from Belfast to Dublin and met my IFSA friend Sarah at the train station in Dublin. We walked around, had lunch, then went to find our hotel down the road from the Embassy. After checking in we just relaxed, watched TV, and took a nap for awhile. Around 10:30pm we left for the party, walked down the road and waited in line to go through security. After that we were ushered through the courtyard and into the building. Inside they had a big projection screen showing the game, couches and folding chairs to sit in, and snacks and drinks for us. I was very happy to purchase my Superl Bowl XLV special edition Terrible Towel that they had specially shipped over from Pittsburgh for this party! There were around 100 people there and pretty much all but 2 were Steelers fans :) It was so cool to be surrounded by all these people wearing black and gold and waving their Terrible Towels proudly all the way over here in Ireland!!!! Awesome feeling to be a true Steelers fan. It was a rough game to endure and quite painful in the end to have to leave at 3:30am with my head down in disappointment and my Terrible Towel hanging off my shoulder. I couldn't help but feel that terrible superstitious Steelers guilt that if I would've been home in the Burgh watching this game like every other game/Super Bowl we would have won. I know this sounds stupid and ridiculous, but c'mon true Steelers fans out there you know exactly what I'm talking about, don't tell me that if you don't wear your "lucky" jersey or something for a game that we lose you don't have that small "what if?" question in the back of your head; and feel partially at fault for the loss. haha, oh the trials a fan must face.... Win or lose the Steelers had an excellent season, I love them no matter what, and I had one of the most unforgettable nights of my life!!!!

And if for some reason you don't believe my story about this amazing adventure check out the photos the Embassy photographer took last night and see if you can find me in the crowd :)
Embassy Super Bowl Party

Leaving the hotel, ready for the game!!!

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH i'm so happy that you ended up getting to go there!!! love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete