Monday, May 9, 2011

3 Weeks of Traveling Adventures

So again it's been over a month since I've updated this blog. However, this time I kind of have an excuse for the long absence; I just got back from my 3 week Easter Holiday (Spring Break). So much happened over the past couple of weeks, I got to see tons of things, and travel to many cities. And, if I would write about everything I did you would be here for a long time; so I will just leave you with a few points from each place I went and then I can fill you in on the details when I see you in person, or you can ask another time.

*LONDON: spent the weekend there with 3 friends, saw all the major sights (Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, London Bridge, etc.) went to the London Film Museum, a bar that is made completely of ice, including the glasses where you have to wear a special hooded parka and can only stay for 40mins, and best part got to see Wicked! This time with the addition of British and Irish accents.

*CAERNARFON, WALES: went pony trekking through Snowdonia Mountains (found out I now have a small allergy to horses), explored Caernarfon castle, walked the beach, took in the amazing scenery, and watched the sun set along the ocean each night.

*HARROGATE: spent 5 days with family friends in their beautiful house, enjoying my time in the special Pittsburgh sports shrine room :), went to Fountains Abbey, had a picnic at Whitby beach, drove through the Yorkshire Dales, walked around the cute city of York, had High Tea at Betty's, enjoyed a tasty Easter dinner with friends, and also had my first taste of Sticky Toffee Pudding at the Queen's Head... yumm!!

*BELFAST & IRELAND: my parents came to visit for 10 days and we started with the weekend in Belfast. took them on a Black Taxi tour, Giant's Causeway/Carrick-a-Rede bridge tour, and showed them around the city. then we went to Galway for 2 days and biked around the Aran Islands, then picked up a car and my dad drove us to the Cliffs of Moher on our way down to Kilarney. my dad got to drive on the wrong side of the car and road around the Ring of Kerry for his birthday; the scenery on this route is gorgeous!!, the next day we drove to Dublin and spent their last 2 days in the city. we took the bus tour, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Book of Kells, shopped, and enjoyed a few nights of trad. music at the pubs. and tasty restaurants. it was nice to have them here and show them the lovely country!

Now I'm back in Belfast for a week of class reviews and 3 weeks of exam period; I have 2 in class written essay exams, and 1 final essay due by the end of May. I seriously cannot believe that my time here is almost up, I only have less than a month left before flying back to the states on the 3rd. I'm hoping to fit one more trip in to Scotland before I leave, but it blows my mind how fast the time has gone by and that I've actually been living in N.Ireland for almost 4 months now. Anyway, I'll write more about that later, but I'll leave you with a few pictures.
Cheers!!
London...

Snowdonia Mts...


Fountains Abbey...

Whitby beach...

Aran Islands cliffs...

Ring of Kerry...

No comments:

Post a Comment